Hospice and Palliative Care
Palliative Care Services
Although our medical professionals may not be able to treat certain conditions, we can make them more bearable. Our palliative care services can numb symptoms and side-effects of diseases to help patients feel better. We also help solve emotional, social, and practical problems that arise as a result of the illness.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for the person and their family.
Who qualifies for Palliative Care?
A patient may qualify for palliative care if they are facing a chronic or progressive condition, such as:
- Heart Disease / Congestive Heart Failure
- COPD / ARDS
- Alzheimers and Other Neurological Conditions
Common questions and answers about Palliative Care
Why should I use Riverview for Palliative Care?
Our goal is to better control the symptoms that are affecting your enjoyment of life. We accomplish this by Home Visits, 24 hour availability, and overall enhancement of your continuity of care. Your care comes first.
What exactly does our Palliative Care offer?
Hospice controls pain and improves the quality of a patient’s life for the rest of his or her life. Our nurses and doctors team up to provide the best pain management available for each patient’s specific symptoms. We also have specialists available for emotional and spiritual support.
- Consultation by a physician or nurse practitioner to control your pain and other symptoms
- Home Visits as frequent as necessary and help in determining your goals of care
- Coordinating conversations between you and the various specialists on your medical team and translating it into language you can easily understand
- Managing complications of your disease and/or treatment
- Helping to educate you on the typical progression of your disease so you know what to expect
- Helping you access other support services to ensure all of your needs are being met. This may include
chaplain visits and social services.
Does insurance cover this?
Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance cover the cost of palliative care consultation services. Thirdparty insurers cover consultations at varying levels; please consult your insurer for benefits and coverage. A copayment may apply. However, no one is ever denied care based on an inability to pay!
Our staff is here to answer your questions. Call us or send an e-mail today!
Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care
*NOTICE FOR DIALING 803 AREA CODES:
You must now add (803) from your landline or cell phone when dialing our number.
When you need hospice, palliative care, or house calls for medical issues, Riverview is here to assist you. We’re based in Rock Hill and proudly serve York County, Chester County, and Lancaster County.